ABLEWATTS, INC. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated December 13, 2016
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above. You can review the last version of this Privacy Statement here.
This Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- The type of information we collect
- Your choices and consent
- How Ablewatts uses your information
- How Ablewatts collects information
- Disclosure of information
- Security, access and correction of personal information
- Third-party services
- Changes to this privacy statement
- Questions and contact information
- Glossary of terms
SECTION 1 – TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with Ablewatts;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- contact customer service or use other customer support tools;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to the Site; and
- provide information to our Vendors.
SECTION 2 – YOUR CHOICES
(a) Commercial E-mails
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your account and your transactions on the Site. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
(b) Cookies and Tracking
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising service providers and Ablewatts served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or the About Ads Opt-Out Tool. Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals which may be sent by certain web browsers in accordance with your browser settings.
(c) Device Data
You may manage how your device(s) share certain Device Data with Ablewatts, by adjusting the privacy and security settings of device(s). Please refer to instructions provided by the manufacturer of your device(s) to learn how to adjust the settings.
(d) E-mails from Business Partners
Our Business Partners may, only after receiving your prior approval, email their offers directly to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving such offers, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
SECTION 3 – HOW ABLEWATTS USES YOUR INFORMATION
We will use information collected for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Provide you with ads and offers for our products and services during and after your visit to our Site;
- Facilitate an analysis of your home energy consumption and fulfill orders placed on the Site, including tracking purchase completion;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Ablewatts and our Business Partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from Other Sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
- Allow you to interact with us, our Business Partners, or other third parties through the Site, and
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from Other Sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
SECTION 4 – HOW ABLEWATTS COLLECTS INFORMATION
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to a form on the Site.
Device Data may be collected when your device(s) interact(s) with the Site and Ablewatts, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device(s). If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your device(s), please refer to instructions from the device manufacturer to learn how to adjust your settings.
SECTION 5 – DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
As required or permitted by law, we (or our Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information:
- with any Ablewatts Affiliate who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- with our Vendors to provide services for us;
- with relevant Business Partners:
- if you provide us with prior consent; or
- if you make a purchase from a Business Partner on our Site, or participate in the offer, reward or contest of a Business Partner on our Site;
- with a purchaser of Ablewatts or any of the Ablewatts Affiliates (or their assets);
- to comply with government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Ablewatts;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through Ablewatts is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control. By providing information to Business Partners through the Site, you agree to the privacy policies of our Business Partners.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with third party advertising service providers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
SECTION 6 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
For more information, please review Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
SECTION 7 – SECURITY, ACCESS, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ablewatts has implemented an information security program designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access, update and delete your account information you provided to us by managing this information through your online account or sending us an email at email@example.com. Keeping your Personal Information current helps ensure that we, our Affiliates and Business Partners provide you with the offers that are most relevant to you.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as long as we have a legitimate business need to do so. If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services, contact us at [support email address] and we will comply with your request, provided such Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party service providers used by us to assist in the conduct of our business operations will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Ablewatts through your interaction with the Site; our Business Partners often have their own Privacy Policies which may differ from ours. Therefore, for third party providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or we. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Ablewatts does not intend for any portion of our Site to be accessed or used by minors; the Site is designed for and intended to be used by adults. By using any part of the Site, you imply you are at least eighteen years of age and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old to create an account and use any features of the Site. We will promptly delete any and all information associated with any account associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
SECTION 9 - CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Any changes or updates will take effect immediately upon their posting on the Site.
If Ablewatts is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners.
SECTION 10 - QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
530 Divisadero St. #266
San Francisco, CA 94117.
SECTION 11 – GLOSSARY OF TERMS
“About Ads Opt-Out Tool” means a website made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance, which defines interest based advertising and allows users to opt-out of such ads, accessible at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
“Affiliate” means any other person or entity who, directly or indirectly, now or hereafter, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Ablewatts.
“Business Partners” means third parties with whom Ablewatts conducts business, such as merchants, co-marketers, distributors, and resellers.
“Cookies” means small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are
commonly used in order to make available certain types of website features as well as to provide
information to the owners of the website.
“Device Data” means any data provided to Ablewatts from an Internet-connected device which a user can configure to transmit such data directly to Ablewatts.
“National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool” means a website made available by the National Advertising Initiative, which allows users to opt out of ads based on their online behavior, accessible at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
“Non-Identifying Information” means information that we cannot directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information.
“Other Sources” means any third-party source of information, including commercial sources and publicly available databases.
“Personal Information” means information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information.
“Vendors” means third parties that perform business operations on behalf of Ablewatts, such as transaction processing, billing, mailing, communications services (email, direct mail), marketing data processing and analytics, collections, or ad management.